Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hungry for Nature

 I started coming to Rock Creek when I was too young to remember any of it. I do have memories of the intensely starry sky, the milky way galaxy laid out like a pebbled path across the sky.
 I remember being there for weeks at a time. Being quiet enough, bored enough to really settle in to the quietness that draws me in now. I could sit and watch the trees wrestling in the wind all day.
 I want my kids to know this stillness.

 I have them bring friends or cousins so they feel companionship.
 I bring the dogs because I know they love it.



 I urge them to get wet, get dirty, get sun bathed, get dry, get whatever they can get from the moments we are afforded.

 I model taking risks.
 I take pics of mid-night magic. This was 3AM.
 I inflate the super cheesy floaties and send them down the creek so they can SEE and feel the magic of this natural place.

 They do what they do in this setting. They are who they are.
And I am me. It is such a blessing to share this space with my people.


No comments:

Post a Comment